What Keeps Me Up At Night
Dennis explains that while he sleeps very well there are troubling issues that occupy much of his waking thoughts.
Major Points include:
1. Children: no matter what age they are, they are always on a parent’s
2. The amount of unjust suffering in the world: this has bothered Dennis since childhood.
3. Cruelty: there is so much of it in the world. What makes a person want to do terribly
things to another human being?
4. Free will: do we really have it? Dennis believes we do, but it often seems that many people are ruled by forces that seem beyond their control.
5. Luck: it plays a major role in one’s success in life. But it’s disturbingly random, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
6. Stereo system: can you ever create the best?
7. The future of America: there are no guarantees that this great country will survive as a force for good in the world.